Re: [Plagio] SIDS and rented cribs

Thursday 24 January 2008      0 comments

My son is now 19 months and has pretty much been a tummy sleeper
since 7.5 months. I do not go in and move him (even if he is
sleeping in a pac n play). The first few times he slept on his
tummy, I couldn't sleep but now I know that is how he likes to sleep
and if I were to flip him (even back at 7.5 months) then he'd be
awake and no one would be getting sleep. Honestly, I wouldn't worry
but if it makes you feel better then keep flipping him. Pac and Play
mattresses are perfectly safe.

Lisa

--- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, "lka_236" <lka_236@...> wrote:
>
> Could you share where you are getting all this SIDS and sudden
child
> info from? According to our ped., co-sleeping increases the risk
of
> sids.
>
> --- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, Lisa-Marie DiFonzo Kelley
> <sscutch@> wrote:
> >
> > HI - I have decided that we're going to by a pack and play and
the
> chicco ones look really good- they are even on wheels when they're
> in the travel bag. I agree about not knowing the brand and all. I
> also considered even feeding him in his car seat or stroller as
> well. I may not end up renting anything, I do have a walker and it
> folds down and would most likely fit in his suit case- so yeah
maybe
> we will forgo renting anything ..
> >
> > he's 7 months old tomorow and he rolls over on his stomach and
> there's not much I can do- my pedi said not to worry but I still
go
> in and flip him over- will he be safe if he sleeps on his stomach
in
> a pack and play?
> >
> > Brandi Durocher <funwith4@> wrote:
> > Not to freak anyone out but the risk decreases once
> they can roll over and again at 6 mo and a yr however the risk is
> never really nothing, there is even sudden child death syndrome.
> That said you can do so much and then you have to be realistic.
> Just by not ever having the babya round 2nd hand smoke decreases
> their risk by like 50%, and nots leeping on their tummy is the
other
> huge factor, the other factors are very small risks.
> >
> > I have other reasons I wouldnt rent, I mean I know they must
be
> new, upkept and safe but I would feel better knowing exactly what
I
> had, brand, where it has been, cleanliness, safety, and even
> features. So I personallyw ould want my own baby items. For a 7
mo
> old we take a cosleeper (can be used like a pack and play) and a
> stroller on vacation. If they cannot crawl (unusual for my 7 mo
> olds) I would take a walker if I had the space. If they could
crawl
> I would take duct tape (for babyproofing). I use the cosleeper
for
> bed and for a safe place to put them if needed. I use teh
stroller
> for a seat, stroller and high chair (if needed, usually the hotels
> we stay at have high chiars)
> >
> >
> > On Jan 23, 2008 1:23 PM, Lisa-Marie DiFonzo Kelley <sscutch@>
> wrote:
> > oh god I am totally stressin over this! I did do
some
> reading and it seems to be that there's a small link between the
> matress and germs that might cause it. I don't know maybe we
should
> just buy a pack and play - I was always afraid of those matresses
> b/c they seemed to be flimsy and thought he'd be at a higher risk
> for SIDs in one of those but he's 7 months old- aren't we really
out
> of the danger zone at that point
> >
> > nwilkens2275 <nwilkens2275@> wrote: I don't think 5 years
> would be a problem. People who have more than
> > 2 or 3 kids probably use their crib mattress longer than that.
But
> > definitely read up on it if you're concerned.
> >
> > --- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, Lisa-Marie DiFonzo Kelley
> > <sscutch@> wrote:
> > >
> > > oh god! I didn't even think of SIDs! Why does it increase? We
> > don't own a pack and play but maybe we will buy one. The company
> > said that they matresses and equipment is no older than 5 years
> old,
> > but now I am worried.!
> > >
> > > nwilkens2275 <nwilkens2275@> wrote: Lisa-
> > > How old is your baby? My daughter was 18 months old when we
went
> > to
> > > the beach and rented the crib from the rental agency, so SIDS
> > wasn't
> > > a concern for me. But if you have a little one, you might want
> to
> > > listen to Tammy. I hadn't heard what she said about the
> > mattresses,
> > > but it is something to consider. Could you take your pack and
> > play?
> > > You could probably check that on a plane if you're flying,
it's
> no
> > > bigger than a set of golf clubs and people travel with those
all
> > the
> > > time.
> > > Nicole in Raleigh
> > > (Mom to Jordan and Jake)
> > >
> > > --- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, Tammy Sabs
<princessluau@>
> > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I would be nervous to rent a crib. They say sids increases
> with
> > > the amount of children who use a mattress. (Healthychild.org )
I
> > > would buy a portable crib such as the one that I got at Khols.
> It
> > > blows up and has a netting over it so the baby can not get
out.
> It
> > > is some sort of a travel crib. It comes in a carry case for
> > > flying. In terms of other equiptment I would look into the
> > services
> > > but wash the stuff thoroughly when you get it. I am a germ
> freak!
> > > Tammy
> > > >
> > > > nwilkens2275 <nwilkens2275@> wrote: I'm not sure about
> > > those specific companies, but when we went to
> > > > Hilton Head a couple of years ago, we were able to rent a
crib
> > > > directly from the rental agency that rented out the house.
We
> > just
> > > > told them we needed one and they had it all set up for us
when
> > we
> > > > checked in. It was a portacrib, lower to the ground, but it
> did
> > > the
> > > > job. So you might want to look into that as well. Not sure
> about
> > > the
> > > > other items though, but it might be worth checking into.
> > > >
> > > > --- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, Lisa-Marie DiFonzo
> Kelley
> > > > <sscutch@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > HI everyone- Has anyone ever used any of the baby
equipment
> > > rental
> > > > companies to rent baby gear when they have gone on vacation.
> > We're
> > > > giong to Naples, FL in a few weeks and are going to need to
> rent
> > a
> > > > crib, and some other items and am wondering if anyone can
> > > reccomend
> > > > a company. We read some online reviews ABC baby rentals and
> the
> > > > other one is babies away.com
> > > > > I am wondering if anyone has ever used either of these or
> can
> > > > reccommend a good reliable rental company.
> > > > > LISA , somerville, ma
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ---------------------------------
> > > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ---------------------------------
> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
> > > Yahoo! Search.
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------
> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
> > Yahoo! Search.
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
> Yahoo! Search.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > ASK ME ABOUT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
> >
> > Brandi SC SAHM to Emily, Rebecca, Sarah and Joey
> >
> > "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like
> shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing" Phyllis Diller
> >
> > www.joeysmanicmelon.blogspot.com
> > www.midscbwers.blogspot.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
> >
>

__._,_.___
For more plagio info, go to www.plagiocephaly.org/support
To unsubscribe from this group or to change your mailing options, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Plagiocephaly/ and click EDIT MY MEMBERSHIP.

*Please note that any advice/comments from this site do not necessarily voice the opinions of the group owner or moderators*

 
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Health

Early Detection

Know the symptoms

of breast cancer.

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Groups

Self Improvement

Find support & keep

New Year's goals.

.

__,_._,___

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: