RE: [Plagio] older kid, winter hats, clothes, etc

Thursday 17 January 2008      0 comments

My daughter has been in her starlite band for almost 2 weeks and she is still doing very well in it.  She doesnt fight at all to put it on or off anymore.  I am glad that we did it...and I am really hoping for improvement.  I just had baby 2 over the weekend and I am already checking his head. 


To: Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com
From: nwilkens2275@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:40:42 +0000
Subject: Re: [Plagio] older kid, winter hats, clothes, etc

Sophia and Jenny-
I know this is an older post, but I was reading back and came across
the fact that you have older babies. My son will be 17 months when
he is banded (assuming the doctor gives us the prescription next
week). Since you've had a few weeks with the band under your belts,
can you share some more of your experience with me? Are you glad you
did it? Has it been hard? Sophia, your post was like reading my own
story. I too am worried about my little Jake's sunny disposition.
How are things going so far? And have you seen any improvement yet?
Nicole from Raleigh
Mom of Jake - 16 months - future STARband wearer (hopefully!)

--- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, Jenny Johansson
<jennyhjohansson@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Sofia,
>
> We are in the exact same boat as you. My daughter (18 months on
Wednesday) was casted right before Christmas and her helmet comes in
on Thursday..and I have many of the same questions. She hates
anything on her head..bows...hats..etc...and I am worried that she
will figure out how to take it off...she is very strong willed. We
are going with the Star Light band..so it may be different
experience than Cranial Tech? ButI can definitely relate to you
because we were also told by several drs that it would round
out...and now they told us that this is the latest age that they
were willing to band her at...I am really hoping for some good
improvement...they told us she would need to wear it until her 2nd
birthday. I would love to hear about his progress and experience
when he begins. Good Luck!
>
>
> To: Plagiocephaly@...: sofiam@...: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 02:35:31 -
0600Subject: [Plagio] older kid, winter hats, clothes, etc
>
>
>
>
> Hi all,We decided to go ahead with Cranial Tech with our 18.5
month old son....I know this is a bit late, but Cranial Tech people
say that he willstill benefit from it, although obviously the
results would've beenbetter if we did this a year ago... (when four
different docs said itwould go away by itself, and obviously, a year
later it hasn't, so...)He's quite smart and I know he will
absolutely hate this head band onhis head. He hates anything being
out on his head - a winter hat, ahood, and pulls it all off in
seconds. I can just imagine him mopingaround the house, begging me
to pick him up all the time when he juststarts out with the
band...I'm also very afraid his normally sunny, shiny and very
happypersonality will turn sour after we do this to him...Anyone has
experience with 'older' babies and their psychologicalreaction to
this thing?Also, we live in Chicago, and it's cold here - what do
you do forwinter hats over the bands? He walks outside quite a bit,
even in thisweather, so what do you do, just buy a hat that's meant
for a 5-yearold?And another question - his head is quite big for his
age as it is, andwe sometimes have problems fitting his head through
the shirt openingswhen we dress him/undress him...Will I have to buy
all new larger shirts (just so they have a largeshead opening) for
him? He'll drown in clothes meant for 4-5 year olds,and I really
don't know how to sew...What do you all do about clothes/winter hats?
And any ideas or thoughts on how to make this better for
an 'older'baby who already shows his likes and dislikes very
clearly...thanks,Sofia
>
>
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________________
> Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live.
> http://www.windowslive.com?
ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_122007
>




Put your friends on the big screen with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!

__._,_.___
For more plagio info, go to www.plagiocephaly.org/support
To unsubscribe from this group or to change your mailing options, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Plagiocephaly/ and click EDIT MY MEMBERSHIP.

*Please note that any advice/comments from this site do not necessarily voice the opinions of the group owner or moderators*

 
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Health

Live Better Longer

Find new ways

to stay healthy.

Yahoo! Groups

Latest product news

Join Mod. Central

stay connected.

Connect w/Parents

on Yahoo! Groups

Get support and

share information.

.

__,_._,___

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: