Re: [Plagio] Hello Everyone

Saturday 9 February 2008      0 comments


I think most of us can't really be sure why our kids got it, but my son is a twin, and he was "Baby A", which is generally the twin that gets more smushed inside.  He came out with some mushed-ness on his ear and a preference for turning his head to the right.  When I asked the pediatrician about it, she reassured me that he did not have torticollis and then didn't really do anything else about it.  That preference towards turning that way was enough to get him a bit asymmetric.  Once he had a flat spot, he would do anything to lay on it!  We started repositioning at less than 2 months and began consultations for banding at 4 months.  He is 6 months now and has been in the band for 2 weeks (already went from 11mm to 5mm!!  Wahoo!)  He was a little over 3 weeks early, so his head was probably a bit softer, but I think his main issue was the tightness in his neck, which I didn't know to stretch until we had our consultation at CT.  His twin sis was in the NICU for a little while, and she started to develop scaphycephaly.  She was so pointy she literally *couldn't* lay on the back of her head.  But that did correct itself, thank goodness, once she was up in exersaucers and bumbos, and doing more tummy time.
 
My son's head is also on the big side, so I wonder whether that was a factor.  And it seems like a lot of the babies who get it are described as sweet and easygoing, which my Zach definitely is!  I wonder whether the sweet mellow babies are more likely to get it because they just hang out and check out their universe rather the squirming around a lot and changing position.  Who knows?
 
-Pam

 
On 2/8/08, Kristen Altvater <dkvater@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

My name is Kristen and my son was diagnosed with plagiocephaly when he was about 3 months old.  He was born 7 and half weeks premature due to severe preclampsia and was in the hospital for 21 days before we could bring him home.  I would like to other mom's or dad's stories as to why their child developed the issue.  I think I know why he developed it, but I can not be sure.  Thank you!
 
Kristen,
 
Mom of Alex, 2


__._,_.___
For more plagio info, go to www.plagiocephaly.org/support
To unsubscribe from this group or to change your mailing options, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Plagiocephaly/ and click EDIT MY MEMBERSHIP.

*Please note that any advice/comments from this site do not necessarily voice the opinions of the group owner or moderators*

 
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

.

__,_._,___

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: