Re: [activityleadershipforseniors] stove in activity room

Wednesday 6 February 2008      0 comments

I have had the priviledge of working at three facilities that had a stove in the activities room. At two of these facilities (LTC) I had a refridgerator, sink, stove and dishwasher.
Donna

cindy61048 <cindyh58@hotmail.com> wrote:
I work in a Skilled Care Facility in Illinois. We have been budgeted
for an activity room remodel. I have inquired about getting a stove
to use for cooking/baking activities. I was told "you can't have one
in here" and don't understand why. Don't most ADs have stoves in
their activity rooms? I realize that there has to be an extra shut
off switch for safety reasons, but don't understand any other
reasoning behind their refusal. I was told that I need to provide a
written document with the requirements for a stove, and then maybe I'd
get it. Does anybody have such a paper that they could copy to me or
know where I could pull it up on the internet? Thanks!

---------------------------------
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Health

Memory Loss

Are you at risk

for Alzheimers?

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Best of Y! Groups

Check out the best

of what Yahoo!

Groups has to offer.

.

__,_._,___

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: