[ACWDYG ] Churchill....

Saturday 9 February 2008      0 comments


Looking through some of Churchills quotes reminds me of how Brilliant
he was compared to the common man and that seems to have come from
courage, simplicity,perseverence, vision, and honesty.

I have to wonder how few times in history a country was as fortunate
as Britain was to have Churchill.

Eating words has never given me indigestion

Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others.

Great and good are seldom the same man.

Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the
results.

I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is a much better
policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place.

I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the
great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will
still be ugly.

I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks.

If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we
have lost the future.

If you are going through hell, keep going.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the
law.

Most people stumble over the truth, now and then, but they usually
manage to pick themselves up and go on, anyway.

Never, never, never give up.

Perhaps it is better to be irresponsible and right, than to be
responsible and wrong.

Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts.

The length of this document defends it well against the risk of its
being read.

The power of man has grown in every sphere, except over himself.

We are stripped bare by the curse of plenty.

We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of
inspiration and survival.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something,
sometime in your life.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Healthy Aging

Improve your

quality of life.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

.

__,_._,___

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: