RE: [SPAM] Re: [Plagio] Had evaluation today at Cranial Tech... what do you think?

Friday, 18 January 2008      0 comments

Banding is a good idea as a Cephalic Index of 100% is considered severe.


Brachycephaly Severity:

Cephalic Ratio or Index = Cranial Breadth/Cranial Length

ideal ratio - 78%

normal - 73-83%

moderate - 83.1% to 87.9%

severe - 88% and higher




Nicolas, 2, tort & plagio, STARband 4/24/06-9/12/06, Graduate!

Joshua, 4.75

Matthew, 8



From: [] On Behalf Of Kelli Geronime
Sent: 17 January 2008 11:58
Subject: [SPAM] Re: [Plagio] Had evaluation today at Cranial Tech... what do you think?


Hi Michelle,


My dtr (7 mo) was evaluated for  Brachy a week ago.  She came in with a mild diagnosis (CI of 1:1 ration or 100%) and only 2-3mm of assym. We too were not sure what to do.  With doing some research and obtaining advice from this group, we have decided to band.  She goes in next week to CT for a casting and will get her band on the 31st.  Our fear is that if we do not band, we may regret it later in life when it is too late to make a difference.   I have made every effort to keep her upright as much as possible during her awake hours since 4mo to no avail.  Good luck in your decision.  It is not an easy one!  Kelli


----- Original Message ----
From: Michelle <>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:40:24 PM
Subject: [Plagio] Had evaluation today at Cranial Tech... what do you think?

Hi everyone,
Well...Andrew had his evaluation done today at Cranial Tech and I
thought it went really well. They were SUPER nice there, and although
I thought that they would be trying to "push" their product, it was
the farthest thing from that. The clinician said he has "mild to
moderate" plagio with tort. She said that there is some facial
asymetry as well. She said that he is a good candidate for the DOC
Band. But she also said that in his case, if we didnt band, it would
prob continue to improve somewhat (as long as we kept up the PT for
his Torticollis and repositioning) , but may not improve all the way.
She said it would prob not be extrememly noticable, especially with
hair covering it. Interesting that she was giving me a not so bad
outlook if we didnt band.....

She measured him, and I do not have the paper yet since she is
mailing it, but the circled numbers I remember, in the order they
were on the paper were 6, 8 and 2. Then she said the overall was 1.8,
but they round up, so its 2 and that is just at what insurance would
need to cover it if they will. Forgive me for not knowing what these
numbers correspond to, I know the first one (6) was "Traditional
something" and the last number that she left to figure out the
measurement for was the 1.8. Does anyone know what these numbers

I was very impressed with her and everyone there. I have to say I
left with the impression that she would not think I was making a huge
mistake if we decided not to band. I asked her what she would do if
it were her child, and she took a second, kinda made that "hmmm"
face, and then said that with all her experience as a PT and sorts,
that she would prob do it because it would still help him.

So I'm not sure what to do... but I feel good for getting the
evaluation. Any thoughts or advice??? The chiro and osteopath that
see Andrew both say he doesnt need a band and that he will improve
with their help. He sees them for the Torticollis as well as the now I need to decide what to do...




Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

For more plagio info, go to
To unsubscribe from this group or to change your mailing options, go to and click EDIT MY MEMBERSHIP.

*Please note that any advice/comments from this site do not necessarily voice the opinions of the group owner or moderators*

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Health

Live Better Longer

Find new ways

to stay healthy.

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Featured Y! Groups

and category pages.

There is something

for everyone.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button