Re: [Plagio] DocBand-sleeping issues-HELP!!

Thursday 17 January 2008      0 comments

I was going to try melatonin on days my 7 yr old has trouble settling down (she has sensory issues and adhd) but then I read this on webmed
"Caution is advised when using this product in children due to a possible risk of changes in sexual development. Consult the doctor for details."

On Jan 16, 2008 1:30 PM, Susan Ginn <susanginn@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

You can try melatonin too. Our son has severe neuro problems so
sleeping problems are very common. Our neuro doc suggested melatonin
and it has worked wonders. Melatonin is all natural...our body makes it
to help produce a circadian rhythm. It's also non-addictive and doesn't
make you feel sleepy the next day since its something our body makes
anyway. It's sold anywhere (CVS or Walgreens). We started out with 1mg
and have worked slowly (a week at a time) up to 5 mg. I've heard other
people using it with great success.
Good luck!
Susan



On Jan 16, 2008, at 12:08 PM, lka_236 wrote:

Teething tablets disolve in the babies mouth and I think it kind of
numbs the area. I'm not sure though but I know they really help my
nephew. The Hylands brand seems to disolve better than some of the
other brands. I know Orajel gags my son (even if I put a REALLY
small amount on the gum area).

Lisa

--- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, "Scott and Toni Patterson"
<pattee9@...> wrote:
>
> The teething tablets I use are Hylands and they are 100% natural.
I bought these at Walmart. My kids didn't like the orajel and
others, but these seem to work really well! Good luck!
> Toni
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Heidrun Benbrook
> To: Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:42 AM
> Subject: Re: [Plagio] DocBand-sleeping issues-HELP!!
>
>
>
> What are teething tablets, where do you get them? My grandson
has to be out of his helmet whenever a tooth is coming in also.
Please let me know.
> Heidrun
>
>
> On 1/14/08, lka_236 <lka_236@...> wrote:
> I wouldn't rule out teething either. My son has done well with
his
> teeth so far (1st at 6 months and he is now almost 19 months);
> however, one of his cousins is miserable everytime he gets a
tooth
> (which I think is maybe more the norm than teeth not being a
bother
> at all). One thing that seems to work for my nephew is
Teething
> tablets.
>
> Lisa
>
> --- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, Kami Whitney
<freeflykami@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I don't know, but the second tooth in the set has always
come
> right behind the first with my 2 kiddos. My little man seemes
to
> have a lot more difficulty with teeth, and even tho my ped
said to
> try and avoid the orajel, he just can't cope without it. That
first
> night I blamed it on the helmet, but he slept much better with
the
> orajel the next night (and a humidifier for the cold and
cooler
> jammies).
> > It is worth a shot at least!
> > Hope you get some better sleep tonight.
> > Kami
> > Kiley 3
> > Keenan 5 months Doc band 1 week
> >
> > Karen Hill <karen.maurer@> wrote:
> > He did just break a tooth on Saturday, you really think
> that could be
> > waking him every hour. I just assumed it was the helmet.
> >
> > --- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com, Kami Whitney
<freeflykami@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey!
> > > I dont know how old your little one is, but don't rule out
> > teething... my little one started getting his teeth the same
time
> he
> > got his band, along with a cold... Last night he was up
every hour
> or
> > 2 and it looks like he is getting his 3rd tooth in less than
a
> month!!
> > > Good luck
> > > Kami
> > >
> > > Karen Hill < karen.maurer@> wrote:
> > > Thanks for all the suggestions, I will try it all, we are
> > desperate
> > > at this point. Last night he woke EVERY hour, I eventually
took
> him
> > > out of his crib and let him sleep in like a rocking
> chair/bouncy.
> > He
> > > at least stopped crying but for some reason every hour he
woke
> up
> > > crying and I just rocked him in his seat and that seemed
to calm
> > > him. I don't know if that is a bad thing but at least he
made it
> > > through his first night with it on. I just didn't want to
give
> in
> > > again. We will see how today's naps go, I will keep you
posted.
> Any
> > > other ideas? And did anyone else go through this as well?
> > >
> > > --- In Plagiocephaly@yahoogroups.com , Melissa Pawley
> > > <melissamc22@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Well, this may not be the most popular answer- but you
may
> want
> > to
> > > consider spacing out the wearing a night a little longer.
My son
> > wore
> > > his first for naps, then he would wear it for a few hours
at
> night,
> > > then a few hours more the next couple of nights, then a
few
> hours
> > > more after that until he was finally sleeping all night-
We did
> > what
> > > you did, we would take it off when he woke up
> crying...eventually
> > he
> > > got used to it and for the most part is okay.
> > > > I also suggest the fan idea, it helped keep my little
guy
> > > cooler and the white noise helped calm him.
> > > >
> > > > Good luck!
> > > >
> > > > Karen Hill <karen.maurer@> wrote:
> > > > My son Joshua (6.5 months old) just got his DocBand
> > > friday, 1/11 and we
> > > > are having major sleeping issues. Because it is the
weekend I
> > can't
> > > > get a hold of anyone at Cranial Technologies to find out
if
> this
> > is
> > > > normal. During the day, he is doing great, he doesn't
even
> know
> > he
> > > is
> > > > wearing it. But when is comes to napping/bedtime he
won't
> sleep
> > > more
> > > > than an hour at a time. He used to be the BEST sleeper,
but
> now
> > you
> > > > lay him down and within 30-60 minutes, he is screaming
crying.
> > It's
> > > > not a whimper, I'm tired cry, but a cry like I have
never
> heard
> > > > before. I checked to make sure he isn't to warm/cool and
he is
> > > fine.
> > > > His head is damp/wet, but my child is a "hot" headed
little
> guy.
> > We
> > > > have him down to just sleeping in his onesie for now. I
just
> > don't
> > > > know what to do, I don't think he is in pain becuase he
wears
> it
> > > all
> > > > day and doesn't cry like this. Could it be the way he is
> laying?
> > > What
> > > > should we do? Is this normal? The first two nights of
wearing
> it
> > by
> > > > midnight we had to take it off of him because we
couldn't take
> > his
> > > > crying anymore:( Any advice/suggestions would greatly be
> > > appreciated!!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Other things may change us, but we start and end with
the
> > > family." ~Anthony Brandt
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ---------------------------------
> > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------
> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast
with
> Yahoo!
> > Search.
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!
> Mobile. Try it now.
> >
>




--
ASK ME ABOUT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!

Brandi SC SAHM to Emily, Rebecca, Sarah and Joey

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing"  Phyllis Diller

www.joeysmanicmelon.blogspot.com
www.midscbwers.blogspot.com

__._,_.___
For more plagio info, go to www.plagiocephaly.org/support
To unsubscribe from this group or to change your mailing options, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Plagiocephaly/ and click EDIT MY MEMBERSHIP.

*Please note that any advice/comments from this site do not necessarily voice the opinions of the group owner or moderators*

 
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Health

Fit for Life

Getting fit is now

easier than ever.

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Yahoo! Groups

Special K Challenge

Join others who

are losing pounds.

.

__,_._,___

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: