[ACWDYG ] Re: JUST LISTEN !!!

Wednesday 16 January 2008      0 comments

how about take a deep breath?

I do that too though...i have 3 anxiety disorders so maybe that's why
for me...

--- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "Petala Steele"
<steelepetala@...> wrote:
>
> This is the MOST difficult and annoying habit I have, which is NOT
> listening fully to anyone...yes, I am ADHD but I firmly believe that
> this is more of a HABIT ingrained deeply and taught thru my
> upbringing as everyone in my extended family does it too. I believe
> this is a habit that can be changed with time and effort. I am
> currently working on it and boy is it HARD! I have tried the popping
> my wrist with a rubber band when I do it (ouch!), biting my tongue so
> hard it bleeds and biting my lips as well as holding my breath...if
> there were just some way as my DH says to " pretend my mouth is my
> hands and just sit on it" lol, I would! It is so disrepectful to
> interrupt someone and not let them finish. I have begun to notice
> this habit in others and find it quite distasteful so now I know how
> I MUST APPEAR to DH and others when I do the same thing!
>
> Can anyone come up with other suggestions on how to catch yourself
> when you do this terrible habit?
>
> Thanks, Petala
>
> --- In achangewilldoyougood@yahoogroups.com, "Leonard Rubino"
> <lmr@> wrote:
> >
> > On listening.
> > Develop the skill of slow listening. Most people hear the first
> four words of a conversation and then start thinking of what they are
> going to say as soon as the other person takes a breath. [snip]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Health

Fit for Life

Getting fit is now

easier than ever.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Special K Challenge

Join others who

are losing pounds.

.

__,_._,___

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: